Tuesday

SleepBox SukhumVit 22 Bangkok

SleepBox is very unique in its own ways. This is  a 5-story building made of red containers. I found this property quite interesting. So I took the opportunity to stay here for 2 nights during my business trip in BKK. SleepBox is a hostel that offers both shared room and private room. They even have a nice glass elevator for guests and a big common room on 2nd floor! Shared kitchen is on ground floor with basic kitchen utensils. 




Location is not too hard to find but it's quite far [approx 800meters to main Sukhumvit Rd]. They do have TukTuk service to drop you off but on the way back to hotel you can either walk or use motorcycle taxi. During my stay, there was no service since the driver had an accident. So, that's unfortunate. But we didn't have any rain during our stays. So, it wasn't too bad walking in the neighborhood. 




Room is small [22sq.m] but nice and clean. I stayed in private room which cost about 1000THB. I love all the pictures hung in the room and the view of Bangkok skyline at night is very beautiful. But the noise was very loud at night even at one or two AM! It was loud enough to disturb my sleep. This is the major problem I think they should do something about. 









Staff - I'd say some are very friendly and welcoming but some are just sitting there doing nothing except talking to each other and chatting on their phones. 

Complimentary wifi and light breakfast are a plus. Breakfast options are bread-jam, coffee, cook it yourself egg station [only for weekends]. The sad part is that many guests didn't clean up what they used so the sink was filled with dirty pans, mugs, and dishes. I mean they put a sign in English and Chinese......please at least read and help them clean!






Overall experience is mostly positive and I would consider revisit again next time. For solo traveller, dorm is the best option for budget. For two or more, I recommend staying in private room since you will have your own mini-fridge, television and more space.

For more pics and reviews you can go to my facebook page: TravelLifeinThailand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any Suggestions?